Welcome :D

Features:

No Word Count ♦ Multiple App Choices ♦ Subaccounts ♦ Many Species ♦ Room to Expand ♦

Staff

Nashira - Site Creator.
Contact via PM or AIM: erilearp.

You can have multiple tab contents on the same page, with only one copy of the CSS and JavaScript files.
You can also open a tab from a link anywhere on the page.

Open Tab 2.

You can also open a tab from a link anywhere on the page.

Open Tab 2.

Information Menu

Author Topic: [Open] some recovery time  (Read 9347 times)

Description:

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
[Open] some recovery time
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:27:06 AM »
The charms of being confined to bed had grown stale in the short day since Tamus had awoken after the riot. Like a good soldier, he listened to the healers and rested for as long as he could stand the silence. Once convinced of his cooperation, and of his health, the healers left him to his own devices. They were pleased with their work at saving his life from the poison of the dart, and perhaps more pleased that they had no cause to anger their patron, the Duchess Ailla. Now that Tamus was a guest, and a rather prestigious one, with his family background. He supposed there was no getting around the fact that to be in Ailla's city was to be courting rumors and drama. (though assassination attempts were somewhat more than he expected! )

So much for his plan of quietly dealing with business and trade matters.

Tamus dropped his meek compliance the moment the healers walked out the door. He eased himself out of Ailla's bed and searched for his shirt, somewhere lost in the process of his being hauled unconscious and planted here.

Offline Ailla Voss

• Human
    • View Profile
Re: some recovery time
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »
Ailla had fallen asleep in the room at some point, though frankly her chambers consisted of several rooms, and someone had deposited her on the lounge near her writing desk. She had woken up a while ago and had been staring at the roof, looking at the intricate carvings in the white marble with a new fascination until she heard him. She got up, hair rumpled and slightly out of sorts and wrapped in one of her warmer robes. She leaned against the archway, watching him in silence for a few moments.

'I don't think you're supposed to be up.'

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:52:08 AM »
His luck is poor at locating his estranged clothing. Though that very well may have been a deliberate act on the part of some servant. Tamus had not the chance to change from his journey wear before heading into the Market that evening... had it only been so short a time ago as a day?

"There is nothing so good for the body as activity and movement." Which Tamus adds as he peeked under her bed. He stood back up, still without his shirt, but that battle is fast becoming a lost cause.

"...I've disturbed your chambers for longer than warranted already, your Grace."

Offline Ailla Voss

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »
'It's the safest bedroom in the castle, you were safer here than anywhere else that's remotely comfortable.' there were certainly places safer, windowless and cold, dark, deep within the castle but Ailla wasn't going to put him there. 'I think you're looking for this.'  she has his shirt, had it tucked up somewhere in her robe by the looks of it, and it's a new one, not the one bloodied by the arrow.

'You do not disturb me.'

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 12:14:23 PM »
Melisande hadn't waited for anyone to let her in after she'd knocked. Normally she would have; however, this wasn't normal circumstances. For one there was a man in Ailla's room and Melisande wasn't attempting to cover her own eyes because of it - the man was recently injured and not in the throes of passion.

She presented a somber figure. More collected, really; displaying none of the upset that she and Jael had shared the previous night. Her dark eyes were pleasant enough, as was her expression; more polite, really. Melisande was curious of the 'hero' -- and perhaps she wanted to get a better look at Ailla and Ailish, to see if they were okay. Not that she would ask at the moment since that would lead to sparks of anger which wouldn't do to display in front of a stranger. Her hands were folded before her, resting on her deep blue gown, Melisande's eyes cut to each person in the room slowly. "Should you not be in bed, resting, my lord?"

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 12:21:25 PM »
If Tamus had ever earned such a fate, it was not something he would admit to. Certainly here in Myrica, he intended not to become acquainted with the dungeons for any reason.

"If I may?"

He took steps closer to the Duchess, slowly, in part for testing his own recovered balance, and in part because he held Ailla's gaze as he approached. For all his serious expression, his eyes show far more amusement by her antics than he should admit. Stopped by the entrance of another to the room, Tamus did not reach out and tug lightly at the robe as he intended. He kept his hands at a proper distance instead, one palm up in request of the shirt.

"...it is a testament to the fine work of this city's great healers that I do not feel that need, my Lady." He knows of this woman, more than recognizes her. A well known companion of Ailla, it can only be the Lady Melisande Banik.

Offline Ailla Voss

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 12:29:45 PM »
She swallowed, and hid the fabric again, though she noticed Melisande's entrance, she found herself unable, or unwilling to look away from Tamus's gaze. When he is so close, she doesn't step back, but neither does she hand him his garment, opting instead to greet Melisande... you know, just without managing to look away from his very lovely eyes, or lips...

Oh, boy she was in trouble.

'Hello Mel. This is Sir Tamus.. Goldwyne.' more like Tamus Distracting. She licks her lips which have gone suddenly dry. 'Tamus, this is Lady Melisande Banik. I was just convincing him that he doesn't need to finish getting dressed and leaving as he's quite welcome to stay until we are sure he is well.' or until she embarrasses herself and jumps him. Either works.

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 12:46:16 PM »
Melisande's brow raised slowly as she properly took in the scene. Ailla's reaction was much more clearer than Tamus' intentions because Melisande knew Ailla. That and she didn't have much experience with men outside of court and - unfortunately their arses. Nevertheless, she did know that she should be more amused at Ailla's expense than she was. Any other time she would have been more amused; nevertheless, despite her lack of amusement, she was mildly intrigued. She knew Ailla and she couldn't recall her best friend ever being quite so obvious with a male. Or anyone, really. At least not like she was twelve again. Melisande filed that away for further, later, inspection.

At the current moment, while Ailla gazed upon Tamus as if he were a prime rib, Melisande looked at him like he was a dead fish. An uncooked one at that. Well, perhaps that was a bit harsh on both Mel and Tamus. However, there was no drooling or lip licking, nothing except a desire to roll her eyes.

"I certainly hope that you are not expecting your shirt anytime soon." Mel said after the moment, even though it was clear to all of them that she was aware that was what he wanted. The outstretched hand was hard to miss as was the brief look she'd previously given it. Yet it was also clear to her how Ailla could be. It was even clearer to her that the man had saved her best friend's life, and the life of Ailish; it wouldn't do for him to end up passed out somewhere. Not to mention it would look horrible politically.

"Good morning, Sir Tamus. It is certainly a pleasure see you while you're awake and standing. I'll be certain to convey your thanks to our city's wonderous healers, as you will be too busy allowing Ailla to wrestle you back to bed." If she's laughing, he will have no clue about it because her tone is pleasant. Ailla on the other hand ... knows Melisande just as well as Mel knows her.

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 01:03:22 PM »
"If I must content myself with wandering shirtless as a beggar, than I am afraid I must. " Another gentle joke, aimed at the lack of forthcoming clothing. Tamus dropped his hand slowly and backed away a few steps under the guise of fetching his own boots. They wait by a very comforting looking chair that he happily took advantage of and settled down momentarily.

It would be impossible to misunderstand the look of interest that Ailla's face so well displayed, and for his part, Tamus would be somewhat disappointed if that interest suddenly fell. Yet, he had no intention of becoming a trouble to anyone in this castle or city. He may flirt harmlessly with the Duchess, but that is business between them. "For I have no intention of returning to bed when there is much yet I must see to."

His boots tied quickly with the hands of a soldier more than a noble, it isn't until Tamus rose once more that his words of reassurance became somewhat less accurate. Another wave of dizziness passed by quickly, which Tamus attempted to hide, though his hand gripped tightly on the chair.

Offline Ailla Voss

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 01:13:31 PM »
Ailla actually blushes at Melisande's words, shooting her friend a look somewhere between helpless and mortified, a rare occurrence, but she found herself slightly unhinged where control was concerned, of late, and Mel really wasn't helping matters. Nor was the strapping young man seated in her favourite chair, actually.

'You really ought to rest longer, Ta-' but before she's done speaking, he looks as if he will fall and she rushes the few steps it takes to reach him, gently grabbing him, steadying him. She pushes him back onto the chair, almost falling onto his lap from the effort to do so - he was no small man, though she rights herself quickly enough. 'You are not leaving, if I have to tie you down I will.' believe her, she had many, many methods of doing so.

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »
"You would certainly be the most well-fed beggar that my limited eyes have ever seen." She murmured levelly, curious as if he planned on moving her from the door she was still standing from. Although, that came after dealing with Ailla. Now that would be an argument that would be curious to watch.

She looked and caught Ailla's look and only smiled, very slightly.  However, her eyes flashed in sympathy in a look that only Ailla likely caught; the smile vanishing as she got a better look at her friend. Melisande wondered at how much rest Ailla had gotten since she'd brought Tamus in.

It was unfortunate thing for Tamus that the two women before him had made it their life to learn how to read small nuances. Some days, when they were children, it was just a game they did to pass the time at court and as they grew older - in certain circumstances - it near equated survival. Melisande caught how his hand clenched nearly as quickly as Ailla. "My lor - ... My lord." It was a given what a long night it had been for Melisande, when she sighed audibly, and her head tilted slightly as she resisted turning it away to hide irritation that she managed to mask. These actions were ones she would have typically thought rude and would have stamped them away in front of a guest. However, Melisande had so much stubborn people attempting to injure themselves or placing themselves in harms way. "Can these matters be brought to you?" She looked to Ailla and waited for Ailla to look back to her, and in the way of women who knew each other inside and out, they had a conversation. Melisande, nonverbaly, asked if she would have issue with Tamus seeing to his business in the castle. She doubted that Ailla would and normally Mel might say yes without much consultation but she saw how her friend was fraying at the edges.

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »
Stubborn, but not without a sense of reason. Tamus gave himself a moment and then touched Ailla's hand in thanks for her efforts and concern.

"Some of the matters, yes. I need to dispatch messages to those I had arranged to meet with today, over trade business. My apologies and a token or two should suffice to ease their ruffled feathers."

The rest of the matters had more to do with establishing his home in the city, though his servants would see to that upon their arrival. Somewhat delayed in travel, they should be here within the day, or perhaps tomorrow.

Offline Ailla Voss

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 09:17:19 PM »
'You can conduct whatever business you have a need too from here, it is no trouble. A small thing, really. I do owe you a great deal, after all, and this is minor trouble in return.' Though she had been sleeping, or just asleep previous to both times he had stirred and gotten her to rouse her attention, she hadn't had much rest for all the worry and she really, honestly wanted to have him safe and treated well. She was tired of being a joke the other nobles could mess around with and get into trouble when they disagreed with her, and surely with him in a weakened state he was at risk of falling prey to their schemes on account of her.

'It would please us to see our hero well.' small smile, hoping to convince him.

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 10:20:30 PM »
"Only tell me who I need to talk to and I will have matter arranged, as soon as I leave this room." Melisande added her promise. She was relieved that he was being reasonable and a small, genuine, smile managed to cross her lips because in reaction.

Mel didn't think it all that necessary to add more beyond what Ailla said; so instead she tilted her head in a brief nod of agreement.

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 03:00:40 AM »
"Before I leave here, my head shall be twice it's size for the praise you give.- I need only to borrow of one of your trusted servants, for the delivery of my letters and an errand or two more. Whomever you feel can accomplish running about the city in the most expedient manner."

Tamas had quite the mental list prepared for said servant, though nothing out of the ordinary for a man with a minimum of possessions and a healthy purse with with to purchase necessities.

"And breakfast, if I have not missed the opportunity to take a meal. Your company, each of your company is welcome to join me."

Offline Ailla Voss

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 03:15:42 AM »
The smile that comes after he agrees is as much relief as it is genuine. 'Of course, that is easily enough done. And breakfast as well, we've not missed it, I shouldn't think.' as if it would matter if they had. After being confident that he is safe in his seat and not about to topple, Ailla moves over to the door, past Melisande to send for her best messenger and to ask her handmaiden to send for breakfast, enough for all of them. On her way back past she catches Melisande's hand briefly, stroking her thumb over it and leaning on her shoulder for a moment, eyes closed.

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 03:26:04 AM »
Melisande stills - as the old warring sensation of anger versing she is alive courses through her _ before her rigid position visibly softens. She is still of perfect posture but she ... well, softens. She turns her head, her own eyes briefly falling close as she noses against Ailla's hair. It would be difficult to actually see the gesture - whether it is a nuzzle or a kiss - but it can be felt. It is given in light of the tight hug Mel would have given her best friend at any other moment.

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 07:02:47 AM »
There is a lot to be learned from that exchange. Though Tamus is not the best to judge emotional connections, he can see them when they are plain and clear. From what he remembers of the few times he'd met Ailla before, as children, her best traits still stand. Strange that such things should make him feel at ease in this city, so different from his home.

While the breakfast was being prepared, Tamus penned his letters of excuse and apology and sent the messenger away with instructions on where to deliver them. His stomach rumbled at intervals to remind him of it's need. As a Knight, he was used to eating great amounts, occasionally infrequently. He may shock the women a bit when they see how much food he will actually consume in one sitting.

Tamus looked out the window after the messenger left. It occurred to him that taking breakfast outside might be a pleasant activity for all.

Offline Ailla Voss

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »
It is felt, and it makes her smile. Eventually she pulls Melisande over to another chair, to give him at least the semblance of privacy and curls up at Mels side, not worried about him seeing, it's not like their closeness wasn't common knowledge and she presses herself against her side and lets herself rest for a little, until she hears the messenger go and the papers stop moving, shuffling, only then does she open her eyes and look at him with half a smile on her lips.

'Is there anything else you need right away?'

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »
Melisande tilted her head at Ailla for a moment, the smile that tugged at her mouth was amused despite herself, as her friend tugged her about and positioned them in a way that suited Ailla. Mel didn't entirely mind, however; it was comfortable. It was comfortable, Ailla was close and couldn't get into trouble of the physical variety, and there she had a rather good vantage point of the two players in the room. Mel may have been in agreement with Ailla on focusing elsewhere to give Sir Tamus privacy in his business but she had no qualms in making him the focus of her quiet curiousity. Ailla was interested in him - beyond him being the man who saved her, interested in him in a way Mel hadn't seen her interested in a while. Her interest in Ailish was slow growing, this was more of a ... Mel didn't know. She supposed despite her limited experience, "primal" could be use. Because of this just as she had learned about Ailish, she was prepared all that she could about Tamus. But for now she just watched him, with a politely interested gaze.

"Or soon?" She added, her eyes following his gaze. Perhaps he would like a walk outside. She didn't think that would go wrong, not if he had company to help deal with another spell.

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 12:35:42 PM »
"The sunlight tempts my interests to outside the walls, would it be possible to set up our breakfast there?"

It hadn't arrived yet, so Tamus did not feel much guilt in the suggestion. He was not so often prone to whims such as this. Something about the Duchess Ailla's presence had him feeling far younger than his 28 years. It would be a folly to linger here in this castle, with temptations so easily in reach.

Tamus stood, more slowly, this time. No trouble in his balance, he smiled at the two ladies so intertwined in the remote chair. They were like a pair of cats, at least to his thinking. "I fear I must warn you that my table manners are not nearly so well trained as my speech."

Offline Ailla Voss

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 12:53:09 PM »
'Then we'll eat outside, and I think we can survive your table manners, whatever they are.' After a few more moments she stands, dis-entwining herself from her best friend and stretching. While he stands she goes to grab something to quickly change into, the robe getting tosses aside on her bed, oblivious to her borderline indecent nightgown, but she finds something to wear and steps behind the screen before long and pulls on a light summer dress, less grand than her usual fare but no less beautiful when she steps out in it, mid way through pulling her hair up.

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 01:10:40 PM »
"Can we?" Melisande asks and it would be so easy to take that tone as one of a snob ... which she is but there is an undercurrent of amusment in Mel's gaze. It's quite hard to dismiss. Given the things that Ailla used to typically got up to bad table manners would barely make the red head flinch. And on Mel's part she would give him credit for at least warning.

When Ailla stood, Melisande stood but the movement was obviously not one of deference. As much as she was a stickler for customs and polite manners, Mel hadn't shown deference to Ailla since they were children - especially not in private. This may not be as private as usual but it was private. Mel did respect her best friend but standing just because Ailla decided to stand wasn't how the eorked. She moved a few motions behind Ailla, picking up her robe from the bed and putting some place where it wouldn't be wrinkled and for the maidservant to get. Little things one might not expect the lady Banik to do but Mel just did a) out of habit b) because it was something to do cl and it allowed her to watch Sir Tamus discreetly. She had learned early on that people didn't like it when they were observed and were more likely to let it go if they could pretend it wasn't happening.

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
Tamus was far too used to being watched to let some simple observation bother him. It was only his gender that kept him from being as infamous a figure as the Duchess. When the robe is first discarded, and then put away, left behind is the new shirt that he had sought after. Tamus took the opportunity to don that, a good fit, despite not being conscious for his measurements to be taken.

When Ailla stepped out from behind the screen, Tamus could not help his gaze but to travel back to her momentarily. Her arms and her hair struck him as charming, caught up in the simple activity. Had they been alone, he would have offered to help. Tamus had no sister to give him experience with such matters, but a lover or two in the past had taught him well.

"Lady Melisande?" He offered his arm to the other woman instead. A move of self defense more than any intended slight. Tamus was not going to intentionally disrespect the soon coming marriage, if he could help it.

Offline Ailla Voss

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 08:53:10 PM »
It would have to be something you were quick to notice, but that did cause Ailla to pout before she fixed her features and turned around to get a pin off a table to secure a loose strange of hair that escaped the messy bun she had pulled her hair in, and went to tell the servants where she was going.

'Come on, they've run ahead to set up the best seat for the view.' and quite a few it would be, as there were gardens even on the higher levels of the castle, overlooking the sea or back into the mountains and river.

* Forum Staff

Nashira admin Nashira
Site Creator

* Recently...

No posts were found.