Welcome :D

Features:

No Word Count ♦ Multiple App Choices ♦ Subaccounts ♦ Many Species ♦ Room to Expand ♦

Staff

Nashira - Site Creator.
Contact via PM or AIM: erilearp.

You can have multiple tab contents on the same page, with only one copy of the CSS and JavaScript files.
You can also open a tab from a link anywhere on the page.

Open Tab 2.

You can also open a tab from a link anywhere on the page.

Open Tab 2.

Information Menu

Author Topic: [Private] come at me bro  (Read 3797 times)

Description:

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
[Private] come at me bro
« on: June 30, 2012, 11:26:15 PM »
True to his word, Tamus is not alone when he took his leave of the castle. There are two somber looking guards that accompany him outside it's gate. He did not have the opportunity to travel long, however, before a very familiar and welcome sight gave him pause.

"Torin!" The call was loud enough to catch attention, but not a full shout.

It had been over a week since Tamus had set out alone to ride to Myrica. One of the handful of times he'd been separated from his Elven friend. The reunion was greatly soothing to his mind. It was also somewhat uncertain, for much had happened in the short span of days.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:52:00 AM by Tamus Goldwyne »

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
Re: come at me bro
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 12:42:13 AM »
He could slap him. He could smack him into a wall, actually, of all the foolish things... Tamus had sworn he wouldn't get in trouble, but he had both nearly died and been guest at the castle itself, a place where Torin had thought he wanted to make himself scarce.

Apparently not, as news of him saving the Duchess echoed all around the city. Torin sighed, frowned at him when he finally came into sight, when he heard his name being called he stood and walked over to his friend, giving him a look that said he probably would smack him later when not in public.

'Good to see someone realised you couldn't be left alone.'

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 04:57:45 AM »
The look was returned only with a smile. Tamus was never so cheerful as when he did it deliberately to annoy his good friend.

"The Duchess requested that I take every precaution outside of the castle. There is a long story involved in that." Not one he planned to discuss openly. It was one thing to tell his most trusted companion about the offer that had been made to him, it was quite another to start rumors only days before the very wedding that could decide the future inheritance of his lands.

"I trust that your journey was somewhat less eventful?"

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:35:51 AM »
He might have been cheerful now, but that wouldn't last one Torin got into him about this most recent act of stupidity. That wasn't a matter for public, though, and the look would do for now. 'I suppose she didn't want her hero to get shot at for helping her. Again.' not that he's so upset about that, oh no.

'More or less, we've begun to set up everything, finished a lot of it.'

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »
He was unlikely to fault Torin for the concern he felt. The sentiment quite often went both ways, though the Elf had a better mind for keeping himself out of moments of trouble that the human seemed prone to.

"The Duchess is- not what I was expecting." There is a lot to be read into that, and his friend would probably pick up on some of the unsaid implications. Tamus did not often show attachments to those that flitted in and out of his life quickly. In fact, aside from Torin, it could almost be said that his friendships were a matter of convenience and alliance. Too long had he been a part of the wars and feuds of a noble family to become overly emotional.

They walked in unfamiliar streets, but the castle guards proved useful beyond simply standing in wait. With a helping hand in directions, they soon found the way back to the Goldwyne's mansion here in the city.

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 06:36:10 AM »
He had a better mind for it, better reflexes and he healed a lot better too. There were so many more reasons for Torin to worry than there were for Tamus to do so, and they both knew it. Not to mention, gods forbids, if anything did happen to Torin, well there was more than a small about of Pike's and most of them would live well past the rest of the nobles.

'No?' is she worse? Better? Stupid? Kind?  Cruel? He doesn't voice these questions, but the look on Tamus's face makes him wonder. Hadn't he said, once over some ale and a good piece of fish that he had met the woman in their youth? it didn't bear asking, what triggered the comment, or his expression, not so exposed as they were here. Later.

'We made your room up first, if you're in need of more rest.'

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 09:03:42 PM »
Long lived though the Pike's may be, they would always have a friend in the house of Goldwyne, so far as Tamus was any authority on the matter. With luck his children, and his children's children would also have reason to bare the same loyalties.

"I am well enough rested." They had other business that needed to be discussed first. Important matters that could not be put off, and when they arrived at his new household, the castle guards were given dinner and a place for the rest of the evening. Tamus took Torin up to his chambers for the privacy their discussion sorely needed.

"It will be impossible to continue with the plans of a ship through the current means."

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 05:53:10 AM »
Torin would give them the same care he gave their sire, he had no intentions toward leaving for any great length of time. A pike he may be but his family didn't exactly have a want of him.

Once they arrived in the chambers, Torin raised his brow slightly, curious yet wary of the reasoning. 'No? But you said you needed to do this. Does this have anything to do with the Duchess being "not what you expected"? You said you'd met her before, even if it was years ago.'

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 06:41:51 AM »
"We were briefly acquainted as children, and she has remembered me fondly." There was a little more to it than that.

"It was a twist of fate, Torin. I saved her from an arrow and now I could not remain unnoticed if I tried."

Tamus was a man of great energy, when he had little cause to work that energy out, he paced. "...she has made me an offer that would change matters. A legitimate trade might be possible now where a secret would have us doomed in this city."

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 10:46:19 PM »
'If I didn't know better I'd say you look smi- Oh you're not, are you?' he sighed, because as much as a woman is likely to fall for her hero, so is Tamus to fall for a wild girl like the Duchess was rumoured to be, and he had saved her when it was arguably more beneficial to let her die, even if it was unfortunate a fact.  'Anyone would think you were the nymph blooded one, Tam.' tuts, shakes his head.

'What offer did the fire kissed little fox make?'

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 11:07:22 AM »
"Don't be course." Not that Torin would offend Tamus even if he accused him of doing vile things with livestock. The two men were far too close to let words create a rift where none need be.

"I find the Duchess very appealing." He didn't mean just physically, but that too. "...she is not some faceless opponent in this little game of chess anymore. She is someone that I would dearly like to count as a friend. If not more."

And that just about says it all really.

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 11:38:44 PM »
'If you think that's course, I need to rough you up more often.' There was a small smile, a smirk even. He shrugged.

'You're smitten, look at you. Two days past there was nothing short of death that could move you from your cause and now... more? Well I suppose she hasn't picked a third. Unless she did last night?' For all Torin was unwelcome in his own home, and didn't care for the capitol, he did know, understand nobles and how they worked even if he was deeply cynical of most of them.  'I haven't seen this look on your face in years.' and Tamus had never seen it on Torin's.

'How friendly were you?'

Offline Tamus Goldwyne

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 09:36:26 AM »
"She implied strongly that it would be possible." Tamus did not think it a promise, not yet. Until the third party had been consulted, it couldn't be an official offer.

"We have become friendly enough that I believe her true to her word." And it was not common that a noble could trust the word of another. He may trust Torin more than any but his own parents, but Tamus was not altogether close to many others. "And I am inclined to accept, if her bride can also be convinced."

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 05:58:35 AM »
'Then I suppose it is a happy day, in a round about sort of way, provided she's as good as your heart and something much more southern aren't mislead by her charms.' he's teasing now, as much as hoping that Tam is right. Tan had been wrong before about women, a few times, but then he'd never looked this certain, either.

'What of her bride? Does she seem to like you?'

* Forum Staff

Nashira admin Nashira
Site Creator

* Recently...

No posts were found.