Welcome :D

Features:

No Word Count ♦ Multiple App Choices ♦ Subaccounts ♦ Many Species ♦ Room to Expand ♦

Staff

Nashira - Site Creator.
Contact via PM or AIM: erilearp.

You can have multiple tab contents on the same page, with only one copy of the CSS and JavaScript files.
You can also open a tab from a link anywhere on the page.

Open Tab 2.

You can also open a tab from a link anywhere on the page.

Open Tab 2.

Information Menu

Author Topic: [Private] Crushed Grapes  (Read 14463 times)

Description:

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
[Private] Crushed Grapes
« on: July 22, 2012, 10:20:08 AM »
Melisande's feet hurt. And she was tired. She stood far off in a corner, likely easily missed in the crush of people unless someone happened upon her or was looking for her. Despite the reddish undertones to her gown, the purple was dark enough for her to be passed over in the shadows she stood by. In her hand was a wine goblet and one wouldn't to be able to tell that she was drunk or even upset from her straight posture. Because Melisande very rarely was without one. That is unless one looked closely. There was something almost too stiff about the way she was standing. And for those who knew her at least well enough the arm, not so much wrapped, as leaning against her middle, fingers pressing against her other elbow - for those who knew her such a position was out of character.

She looked beautiful but unapproachable. The full dress was only ornate in the stitching of the inner dress. The dark jewels and crystals at her neck, worn for this occasion, could have brighten her eyes. And the fact that her long, long hair being almost completely down could have softened the entire look; however, it was all ruined by the very pinched set of her mouth. Whenever Melisande thought that someone was looking at her she would soften her expression, she wasn't so far gone not to care about appearances. However, sometime during the night with all the wine glasses thrust upon her that were glupped down faster than they should have, she stopped making an effort to ensure things went smoothly. Why should she? It certainly wasn't wanted. The alcohol sadly didn't do much to stifle her guilt or all of her responsibility - or at least the sense of it - as it had with most of her inhibitions if the way she had just stopped a servant for the entire wine jug was anything to go by. He wouldn't ask questions, and she ignored how he looked at her worriedly. Servants. It wasn't their position to care.

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Crushed Grapes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 10:56:16 AM »
She may seem unapproachable to most, but honestly, Torin just thought she looked miserable. Not that he knew her, but he had a good sense of people and their moods, and she certainly looked far from happy... and closely approaching miserable drunk. Tamus seemed fine, the brides... looked about as pleased as the Lady Banik, which was who he was sure she was, and with little enquiries it was confirmed.

Eventually he found his way to where she was, and leant against the wall near her, only a foot or two to her right.

'Do you not care to dance at your friends wedding, My Lady?'

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »
Melisande looked at him from the corner of her eye, before turning her head properly toward him. She could not recall if they had been introduced. However, she vaguely recalled someone saying that he was Sir Goldwyne's servant -- or perhaps it had been friend and then the person, ... her head was starting to hurt. Nevertheless, she answered politely, "Was that a request, my lord?" It was better safe than sorry. His tone was lacking the flirtatiousness such a question would have contained by the regular men of court.

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »
'Torin, Torin Pike, my Lady.' he offered a slight smile, and a shrug. 'It's just, it seems that people are beginning to whisper and I know what a problem reputations are to shake, I wouldn't like for yours to be sullied. Also you're going to give yourself a headache if you keep swallowing that down so quickly...' his tone is soft, like he's whispering in her ear though physically he hasn't invaded her space, not at all. Except with her voice.

'It's only a request if you wish too, if not, there are people enough to dance with you should I not be to your taste.'

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »
"From up North?" She inquired. Usually she would have kept her tongue, from what she recalled about his family's history; however, it wasn't a usual night.

Melisande frowned as his words sunk in. She certainly wasn't in her cups enough not to appreciate the words of his advice. She bristled slightly, her skin pricked at the thought of people whispering about her - even if they were just starting. People viewed her, apparently even those closest to her, unfavorably enough as it was.  And generally she didn't mind it. However, being called a drunk would not do her any favors - nor would anything else she could think they would say.

"I'm not swallowing - Have you been watching me?" Her frown took on an incredulous hint before smoothing out when a servant passed by. She gave her the jug before holding her hand out, wrist bent slightly, to Torin.

Fine. She would dance. He was the closest one there, so why not?

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 01:06:43 PM »
'Yes, the one with the crazy parents, I know,' he says with a shrug and the mildest hint of a smile. everyone asked, or wanted to ask, and frankly he was never going to escape it, so why try?

'I've been watching in general, you just happen to stay still long enough to be easy to spot repeatedly.' he's been guarding, rather than celebrating. Wary of anyone wanting to hurt Tamus, he takes that part of his life deeply seriously. When she offers her hand, he smiles and takes it,  leads her easily out onto the dance floor, graceful, thankfully it's an easy dance, not too fast or too slow.

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 01:24:50 PM »
"I wasn't going to say that." She hadn't been.

For some reason that brings the briefest of smiles to her mouth. One could almost believe that they'd imagined it. She follows him easily enough, with a surprising lack of stumbling. She's Banik after all. However, she is also relieved and grateful for the easy dancing. "You're really good." She murmurs, and very warm. Terribly warm she thinks, pressing close against him.

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 01:34:14 PM »
'People seldom say it, my Lady, it doesn't mean it's not what they think or wish to know,' but there's no malice in his tone, he simply shrugs slightly. He smiles a little, amused, maybe even pleased when she leans against him, guides their movements to the melody.

'Being friends with Tamus requires a certain amount of ability to act like my breeding demands,' his smile grew. 'Also it can be fun.'

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »
"But I didn't wish to know." She frowns at him but the look is far from as severe as her typical, thanks to the crushed and squeezed grapes leaking through her system, and more of a confused crinkle of her face. However, she may have very briefly been thinking it. Very briefly because she had been more wondering on other things - such as why hadn't she known there was a Pike in the city? And if he knew Tamus' secrets? She doubted he would tell her. He seemed to be a better friend than most seemed to believe her to be.

"A pirate?" She asked. A mixture of disbelief and exasperation. Of course he thought that was fun. Everyone thought being a bloody pirate was fun. Unknown to her, it said more about her than it did about him that her brain - even with wine - made the leap straight to pirate. By-passing elf and even nymph.

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
'...My Lady, I'm not a pirate,' but she is almost making him laugh, a slight low chuckle that he traps before it comes out but still shakes his chest slightly with mirth. 'Like a Lord, my Lady. Not a Pirate, and I did mean that dancing is fun, I can't imagine being on a ship is great fun for the suns of nymphs, you'd only have the nymphs who stayed with their trees even though they were cut down to talk too.'

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
"Oh." She left it at that while he continued talking. "Do you dance for Sir Tamus often?" She asked, certain that that made sense; however, he managed to lose her slightly with the nymphs so she left it at that.

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »
'For him... not so much, but he has a tendency of being pretty enough to get invited to parties and where he goes, I follow.' he was his best friend and his unofficial charge both. Like brothers, separated only by blood.

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »
That actually gets her to grin, a soft laugh lilting out,  and all because he'd called Tamus pretty. "Pretty isn't what I'd call Sir Goldwyne." But Ailla would and thinking on Ailla made her frown again.

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 02:42:26 PM »
'He's also a useful shield, something I try to prevent him from getting serious harm from.' he spins her, easily, like she is nothing more than a feather, before putting her down again.

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 02:47:22 PM »
"He's a ... oh." She blinks, biting her lip, uncertain if it was from pleasure or from nausea. "That was ... certainly new." Melisande settled on that as she found and lost vertigo. One of her hands clutching at his arm, raising a brow when she finds muscle. That was ... certainly new as well and unexpected. She blushed slightly as she pulled her hand away.

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 03:15:44 PM »
'We don't do that again if it made your head spin too much.' it was fun, though, and she did seem to enjoy it.  'Would you like to sit down? Have something to eat?' asks, curiously, quietly. 'Or get some fresh air?'

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 03:34:38 PM »
"I'm fi - ..." The words are halted as she watches Ailla walk out. That didn't, that shouldn't be happening. Her eyes cut to Ailish but she cannot spot the tiny blonde. It is likely a good thing. Melisande wasn't quite certain what she would do or say if she had. She was fiercely protective of Ailla. Yet apparently not protective enough to know what to do next. As she was indecisive in that as well. A part of her wanted to run, go, stumble after her best friend. Yet Ailla's words ran in her ears. Despite the apology they came quickly, unbidden, and unwanted. She should go - a good friend would go, a good person would go regardless. However, she didn't want to make Ailla more upset if she didn't want to see her. Or didn't need her. She had never quite hesitated like this before. Not when it came to Ailla, certainly not when it came to being there for her. "I'm fine. Thank you. Perhaps," She paused. "Perhaps fresh air could be allowable." This wasn't her business. It was Ailish's now. Ailla. Dealing with the crushing, sharp, hypocritical consequences if people noticed Ailla was missing (and now herself). Everything of her conscious had absolved her of this. And she was too tipsy to think too hard about that.

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 04:00:46 PM »
'That can't be good.' he catches where she's looking and frowns. 'Do you wish to go after her? Or I could ask Tamus...' yet, she doesn't go from him to her, or even take a step to run though there is at least an edge of desire too, on her face, and agrees to go outside.  He stops dancing, and offers her his arm. 'He'd take care of her, thick as thieves this morning curled around each other yet with a surprising amount of clothing on.' he wouldn't shame her, either, or make her break her vows. But he did care, Torin had seen that much.

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »
She clutches his arm tightly, her eyes never moving from the exist that had just had wisps of red. She almost says yes immediately. However, Torin's next words hesitate. As upset she was by Ailish's words and whatever she had said to hurt Ailla, she didn't want the other woman embarrassed. What if someone saw? It wouldn't go well for any of them. Yet this man, he didn't know, claimed to be Sir Goldwyne's friend. Surely he wouldn't suggest something, her wine addled brain considered it; even as her grip unconsciously tightened on his arm. She would go to Ailla. She would simply - she disliked uncertainty. "I ... I don't think, I don't know. That likely wouldn't be wise."

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 04:22:59 PM »
'I'm not sure if you're aware, my Lady... but for the most part the men aren't noticed coming and going, hardly anyone cares, and Tam isn't likely to draw much attention to himself if he claims to be still feeling a little off kilter and needs fresh air.' the fact that Melisande hadn't gone after Ailla initially didn't really bode well for them being the best of friends today, of all days. 'And there were some whispers you wanted Lady Voss back, that you regretted not marrying her, when people spotted you drinking, so. I'm not sure Tam going would be so much worse.'

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 04:39:42 PM »
"I am quite aware. Of a lot of matters. This is the Duchess' room." She points out as if that should explain it all. However, most everyone was here. He probably wouldn't ... Melisande looked up sharply at him. A dark flush surpassing on her cheeks. That was supposed to convince her, how? Letting go of his arm. She kept her back straight and managed to walk away, heading outside, and hopefully out of sight.

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 10:19:37 PM »
He sighed, and followed, supposing Tamus would notice the Duchesses absence if he really wanted to become more tangled in this mess, anyway. He did seem overly fond of the woman after only such a brief time... smitten. In love, maybe, ever.

'My Lady, where are you going?'

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 12:17:14 AM »
"Away from you and my whisperers."  And to her best friend. Who very possibly didn't want her around. However, what is pride? She spent her entire life bending for Ailla in ways she would never bend for most other people, sometimes more so did than she did for her own blood. That was why she seriously would have allowed Torin to send Tamus. However, she was too sober - and seemingly becoming more so by the minute - to not think of the consequences. Whatever this man seemed to say or believe. And whatever Ailish believed they did care about her well-being and emotions, even if she seemed to suddenly have stopped caring for theirs - or at least was trying to do so. It would be a complete embarrassment. Ailla had resisted such rumors for the past five weeks and then some, not to besmirch Ailish's name, it would be unfair to her friend as well for all that effort to be ruined because of one moment. One innocent moment. Yet that meant leaving Ailla alone and .... Mel couldn't do that. No matter how she tried to hold onto her pride it didn't sit well with her. Therefore, she was going. She would send a note to her mother to say that she had fallen ill - fallen to exhaustion. Finally. The people would be thrilled to learn that she apparently could. It was horrible rumor and she would hate their stares, but it was better than people believing her to be a jealous woman. Or worse a jealously ambitious one.

While she was too sober not to think of the consequences, she was too drunk to move. Or at any rate, tugging her arm away from him seemed to jostle her enough not to agree with her stomach. As her stomach churned for some strange reason her head spun. She refused to hold back to him but she had to stand still. Then she had to hold back to at least keep some appearances. "You will walk me out." She ordered. Yet before saying even that, she had to pause and swallow back the sudden desire for bile to rise.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:38:09 AM by Melisande Banik »

Offline Torin Pike

• Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 11:46:03 AM »
Yes, it seemed he would be. There was the faintest of resigned sighs, and as soon as they were out of the hall and out of sight of the doors, since that's where most of the castle was, Torin gently picked her up, cradling her easily in his arms.

'I'm not sure throwing up on her shoes would improve her day, My Lady, perhaps you could tell me where your room is instead, and you could rest a while? The night is young... you'll have time enough to care for her later.'

Offline Melisande Banik

• Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 11:53:24 AM »
Melisande gasped softly and her eyes widened, a surprised look that turned into a glare, but did not diminish the wide look she had. It was one of shock. She could not recall anyone ever - not since her father. Certainly not once when she was a lady. Even that moment she had sprained her ankle she had never allowed this. "You take far too much familiar - " She paused, swallowed. However, the need to vomit would not stop her from setting down. " - ity, my lord. I would suggest that you set me to my feet once again."

* Forum Staff

Nashira admin Nashira
Site Creator

* Recently...

No posts were found.